"Your body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for your soul to reside in." - B.K.S Iyenger
2 medium sized butternut squash- peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium sized garlic cloves- minced
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
5 large sage leaves
4 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine squash chunks, olive oil, turmeric, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix until squash is coated with the olive oil mixture.
3. Arrange squash on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes (until squash is soft).
4. In a large pot melt the butter over medium head.
5. Add the onion, garlic and sage and sauté until the onion is golden color, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove the sage leaves and discard.
6. Add the vegetable stock and roasted squash to the pot and let simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
7. Working in batches, transfer the squash and vegetable stock to a blender and blend into puree.
8. Once all batches are blended, return soup to the large pot and mix in the cream.
9. Reheat the soup and garnish with pumpkin seeds.