What you will need: 2 bell peppers tops cut off (seeds and pith removed) 1 cup cooked quinoa 1/2 can of black beans (drained and rinsed) 1/2 small onion, chopped 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes 1 clove garlic, minced 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped 1/2 cup marinara sauce 1 Tablespoon olive oil 1 Teaspoon cumin 1 Teaspoon chili powder Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x13 baking dish and fill it with 1/4 inch water or just so water is covering the entire bottom of the dish.
2. In large pan, sauté the chopped mushrooms, onion and garlic with 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, marinara sauce, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to the pan and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Mix in the cilantro at the end.
4. Arrange the bell peppers standing up in the baking dish.
5. Spoon the mixture into each half of the bell peppers.
6. Top with a little marinara sauce to keep it from drying out.
7. Cover dish with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Add fresh cilantro on top and serve immediately.
Comments will be approved before showing up.